One of the reasons why concrete gets damaged is the weather. Rainfall, snow, and even the heat of the sun can be detrimental to concrete. Seattle, Washington is known as the Rain City for a reason: rain falls on most days of the year. Imagine how damaging that can be on concrete surfaces. Fortunately, there is a way to renew floors without spending an outrageous amount of money. Say hello to decorative concrete solutions. It is an impressive way to repair concrete and protect it from weather, impact, abrasion, and all other types of damage.
Concrete Resurfacing Solutions
There are different types of concrete coatings and overlays, each one with its own admirable properties.
- Stamped Concrete Overlay – Offers a wide range of patterns which can be imprinted on the overlay. Patterns include brick, flagstone, cobblestone, slate, and more.
- Stained Concrete – Acid stains come in earthy colors, producing random effects and colors similar to stone and leather. Water-based stains offer a selection of vibrant colors that dries to an opaque finish.
- Sundek Classic Texture – This spray texture system creates a stucco-like texture that stays 30% cooler underfoot than other paving materials.
- Epoxy Flooring – This is a two-part material that cures to a hard, plastic surface, perfect for garage and basements floors. It is resistant to most types of floor damage.
- Polyurea Polyaspartic – An alternative to epoxy, polyurea polyaspartic is known for its fast-drying property, requiring only a day to install, cure, and be ready for use.
Advantages of Decorative Concrete
What makes it an ideal solution for concrete repairs and upgrades? Here are noteworthy advantages:
- Affordability – It is more affordable than a re-pour because it makes use of the existing concrete, thus, reducing material costs. Stained concrete, for example, simply involves the application of stains on a clean and damage-free concrete surface.
- Appeal – There are unlimited options for design. Concrete overlay applications, like stamped concrete and Sundek Classic Texture, can be customized with stamps, scorelines, and stains.
- Eco-friendly – The mere fact that it doesn’t require a new cement re-pour helps reduce carbon footprint caused by cement production. Also, concrete coatings in Seattle lessen any concrete waste in landfills.
Looking for a reliable concrete contractor in Seattle? Call (206) 922-4612.
When it comes to remodeling concrete surfaces, not any concrete contractor will do. Northwest Concrete Resurfacing is a leading decorative concrete contractor that has been servicing the Seattle, WA area for over two decades. Our team of expert installers specializes in resurfacing and refinishing concrete patios, pool decks, driveways, garage floors, commercial floors, and more. Do you have inquiries or quote requests? Feel free to call or email us.