Stamped Concrete Patterns for Driveways
Decorative concrete resurfacing is one economical way you could repair or enhance yours. It offers a stamped concrete overlay option that offers a variety of stunning patterns to choose from, such as:
- Herringbone Brick
- Basketweave Brick
- European Fan
- Running Bond Brick
- And more
If you want a customized look, you should consult a local contractor to help you decide on a pattern. This will also help them determine if a special stamp mat can be made or if it requires manual scoring or carving. You may also incorporate two patterns on a driveway. These can either be in alternating sections or you could use one of the patterns on the edges or borders of the driveway.
Staining the stamped overlay is optional. You can choose from a variety of colors and use single or multiple hues, whichever is more interesting to you. The concrete driveway is coated with a sealer whether you have it stained or not. This helps protect the overlay and slab from damaging elements and adds a bit of shine to the surface.
Why Opt for Stamped Concrete
- It provides a variety of design, pattern, and color choices to match or complement a home.
- The texture of the overlay post-stamping provides enough traction to make it easy for vehicles to tread on.
- Its aesthetics enhance curb appeal and increases the resale value of the property.
- It only requires an overlay, so you save money on material and labor cost.
- The existing concrete slab of the driveway is restored, giving a huge favor to the environment by reducing carbon footprint and landfill waste.
- The overlay is durable enough to last for years, despite weather changes and heavy vehicular traffic.
- Because it only makes use of an overlay, updating the look and pattern is easier and more affordable than other paving options.