One of the reasons why concrete gets damaged is the weather. Rainfall, snow, and even the heat of the sun can be detrimental to concrete. Seattle, Washington is known as the Rain City for a reason: rain falls on most days of the year. Imagine how damaging that can be on concrete surfaces. Fortunately, there is a way to renew floors without spending an outrageous amount of money. It is an impressive way to repair concrete and protect it from the weather, impact, abrasion, and all other types of damage. Say hello to decorative concrete resurfacing solutions.
Top Concrete Resurfacing and Refinishing Solutions
There are different types of concrete coatings and overlays, each one with its own admirable properties.
- Stamped Concrete Overlay – Offers a wide range of concrete stamp patterns and textures which can be imprinted on the overlay. Patterns include brick, flagstone, cobblestone, slate, and more.
- Stained Concrete – Acid stains come in earthy colors, producing random effects and colors similar to stone and leather. Water-based stains offer a selection of vibrant colors that dry to an opaque finish.
- Spray Knockdown Finish – Sundek Classic Texture creates a stucco-like texture that stays 30% cooler underfoot than other paving materials.
- Epoxy Flooring – This is a two-part material that cures to a hard, plastic surface, perfect for garage and basement floors. It is resistant to most types of floor damage.
- Polyurea Polyaspartic – An alternative to epoxy, polyurea polyaspartic is known for its fast-drying property, requiring only a day to install, cure, and be ready for use.
- Polished Concrete – This involves a concrete surface grinding series using grits that progress from coarse to fine. The polished surface renew Seattle is sealed with a concrete sealer to maintain its smoothness and shine.
Advantages of Decorative Concrete
What makes residential decorative concrete an ideal solution for concrete repair and upgrade projects? Here are noteworthy advantages:
- Affordability – It is more affordable than a re-pour because it makes use of the existing concrete, thus, reducing material costs. Staining concrete, for example, simply involves the application of stains on a clean and damage-free concrete surface.
- Appeal – There are unlimited options for design. Concrete overlay applications, like stamped concrete and spray knockdown finish, can be customized with stamps, scorelines, and stains.
- Eco-friendly – The mere fact that it doesn’t require a new cement re-pour helps reduce carbon footprint caused by cement production. Also, concrete coatings in Seattle lessen any concrete waste in landfills.
Looking for a reliable decorative concrete contractor in Seattle? Call (206) 922-4612 now.
When it comes to resurfacing or refinishing concrete surfaces, not any decorative concrete contractor will do. Northwest Concrete Resurfacing is a leading decorative concrete contractor in Seattle that has been servicing the Seattle, WA area for over three decades. Our team of expert installers specializes in resurfacing and refinishing patio concrete, pool decks, driveways, garage floors, commercial flooring, and more.
Do you have inquiries or quote requests? Feel free to call or email us. We’ll give it to you fast and free!