Seattle has a sub-oceanic or temperate climate, meaning it rains in the winter and is hot and sunny in the summer. You know the weather changes the ground you walk on daily. One of the ways to protect the floor surface you walk on is an epoxy concrete sealer Seattle.
For example, the concrete can get stains, change color, and lose color over time. When these signs show up on the surface of the concrete, they can also get structurally damaged.
Even if you reside in a different state with a similar climate, you should still read this blog to improve your concrete.
Sealers as Protection: Quick Overview
After years of concrete use and exposure to the elements, you can often return it to its former glory with a thorough cleaning and sealer. A suitable sealant for concrete floors should be:
- Improve the look of a floor
- Make the floor last longer.
- Makes the floor scratch-proof and stain-proof
- Get rid of water problems before they happen.
There are indoor and outdoor concrete sealants. Penetrating sealers are for outdoors, and film-coating is for indoors. Cement-based concrete sealant technologies like acrylic, polyurethane, epoxy coating, and polyaspartics are options for sealing concrete.
Professional epoxy concrete sealer in Seattle is famous because it best mitigates weathering problems. It has countless benefits over other options, especially for its affordability.
Comparison of Epoxy Sealers to Other Types of Concrete Sealers
Estimates say that Seattle’s epoxy flooring for concrete should last between 5 and 10 years. Like acrylic sealers, epoxy sealers come in different levels of shine. But epoxy sealants are more robust and last longer than acrylic sealants because they are more challenging.
When epoxy sealants dry, they make a tough, thick film that is hard to break. People love using it on concrete countertops, indoor stained concrete, and high-traffic areas where water could damage the concrete—perfect for garage flooring in Seattle!
They are also popular because of their versatility, meaning they can be clear or colored, especially metallic ones. You can use it to make marble designs and other 3D shapes. You can also add non-slip materials to make it safer, which you can’t do with acrylic or other concrete sealers.
Choosing the Right Epoxy Concrete Sealer for your Seattle Project
You can check out many different brands of epoxy concrete sealers. They have other qualities and amounts that you need to understand before choosing. Before choosing an epoxy system, you should consider the function of the surface you will seal.
With a suitable sealer, you can get things like:
- UV stability
- Resistance to wear and chemicals
There are also three types of epoxy: Solvent-based, Water-based, and Solids.
- Better durability and performance
- Shinier in appearance
- It’s perfect for garages and parking garages because it doesn’t mind oils and chemicals.
- Alternative to solvent-based when it’s out of stock
- Little or no volatile organic compound (VOC)
- Chemical resistant too
- For light-duty areas where recoating is alright
- Free from water and VOC
- Thicker dry films
- Very long-lasting
- Fit even for heavy-duty industries
- Has resin mix
Considerations when Selecting an Epoxy Sealer
When choosing epoxy for concrete, it’s crucial to consider the following:
- What kind of weather does concrete get
- Size area of concrete you want to seal
- The daily foot traffic in the area
- The design and color you want to achieve
- If you need 100% Solid Epoxy Sealers
- If you need Water-based Epoxy
- If you need Solvent-based Epoxy
- Professional recommendation
At last, ask a professional in Seattle which concrete sealers work the best. They can help you choose, install, and care for Seattle epoxy concrete floors.