When it comes to a decorative option for concrete surfaces, concrete polishing has always been a popular choice because of its versatility. Although it used to be more commonly used for industrial and commercial areas, homeowners can now take advantage of its special features and the great value that it brings.
Concrete floor polishing involves a variable number of grinding sessions, depending on the level of shine the customer desires. This versatility made polished concrete solutions ideal for both residential and commercial application. It can also be further customized to meet the aesthetic needs of a location, especially for showrooms, hotels, malls, and more.
Polished Concrete Floor Benefits for Homes:
- Polished concrete floors can be customized. There is a wide selection of colors and designs that homeowners can choose from to acquire the floor that would match their decor as well as the architectural style of their home.
- Easy to clean and maintain. Now wouldn’t this be a huge bonus for busy homeowners? Cleaning floors can be quite exhausting especially if you have kids and pets at home. By opting for concrete polishing solutions, you get to save time and money on maintenance because dust, dirt, and even allergens won’t stick or breed on it.
- Polishing concrete is cost-efficient. If your current concrete slab is in good enough condition, it can be polished and customized, thus, saving you from the costs of having to apply a traditional coating or overlay or, worse, a complete concrete re-pour. Also, because polished concrete is less vulnerable to damage, it functions a lot better for a longer time compared to other flooring materials.
The Benefits of Polishing Concrete Floors for Commercial and Retail Spaces:
- Reflects light effectively. This is very important for businesses that want to showcase a sense of professionalism in their space. The clean and bright look produced by a concrete polisher makes a business establishment look more reliable and respectable.
- Reduces the need for artificial lighting. High gloss floors reflect light so effectively that it amplifies the amount of light in any room. This means the area will be bright enough, even with a few light sources here and there.
- Low maintenance and easy to clean. It can be quite a business disruption to have to isolate an area because it needs to be cleaned, waxed, and what not. A polished concrete surface, however, only requires occasional sweeping and mopping without the use of any special cleaning products.
- It has an impressive cost-saving feature. It is common for businesses to have expenses, but it would be a great help to cut out on maintenance, lighting, and labor expenses. This is exactly what drives business owners to have contractors polish concrete instead.
- Resistant to heavy foot traffic and other damage-causing elements. No matter how many customers, clients, or employees walk in and out, no matter what chemicals may spill, or if a forklift comes in and out, a polished concrete floor will stay strong and enduring. It is even resistant to issues caused by moisture transmission because this type of floor upgrade allows the concrete to breathe.
- Promotes sustainability. Because it does not require any coatings, cleaners, or adhesives that could be hazardous to both the health of the installer and the environment, polished concrete is a sustainable option compared to other flooring materials.